Avaya has launched a Video Collaboration Solution, designed specifically for the small and midsize enterprise segment (SME).
The solution for IP Office, company's unified communications solution for small and midsize enterprises, provides simple, affordable yet comprehensive desktop, mobile and HD room-system video collaboration capabilities.
"In a recent third-party report IP Office was recognized as the leading UC solution for small and mid-sized enterprises based on TCO, maintenance requirements and ease of deployment. By adding high-quality video conferencing to IP Office, we are raising the bar in terms of what customer should expect from their vendors. No one in the market offers a more comprehensive UC solution specifically designed for SMEs in the areas of features simplicity, and affordability," said Paul Chen, products and solutions director, APAC, Avaya.
The new offering that can deliver BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and HD room-system capabilities in a single, affordable and easy to deploy solution for SMEs, increase productivity, enhance customer service, and lower the overall cost of business.
"The change in UC demand reflects an overt effort by leading UC vendors like Avaya to more fully integrate video communications into their UC portfolio. Coupled with recent product releases, Avaya's new video collaboration solution for IP Office is another example of how video and UC integration is helping to deliver an easy-to-use interface to initiate and join a video call. This new packaged solution enables agile video connection via room-based systems, desktop, and mobile devices for up to 8 participants. That represents an attractive option for Avaya IP office customers and others, especially in the SMB sector, to extensively deploy business grade video with minimum requirement for IT support," said Jessie Yu, industry manager, UC&C, Asia-Pacific, Frost and Sullivan.
Few other features of the solution include:
· Direct integration including a common dial plan with Avaya IP Office Version 8.1.
· A 'virtual conference room' for up to eight participants with click-to-join capabilities from any standards-based room system, desktop or mobile device.
· Freely distributed desktop and mobile video clients for PCs, Macs and the most popular iOS and Android devices - enabling those inside and outside an organization to easily join a video meeting.
· Low-bandwidth, HD multi-party video conferencing and rich data collaboration via native SIP/H.323.
· The collaboration solution can also be deployed in an HD video conferencing room system configuration for maximum flexibility and value.
· Automatic firewall traversal allows SMEs to engage with participants outside their network, enabling face-to-face meetings with customers and partners to help strengthen business relationships.