Sony Electronics has announced its new flagship smartphone, Xperia 1 III will ship to customers from August 19, 2021 onwards, unlocked, from Sony authorised retailers at a suggested retail price of Rs 64999, which is a lot cheaper than its US price of US $1,299.99 USD.
Orders placed by September 26, 2021 will receive the WF-1000XM3 wireless noise cancelling earbuds. Xperia 1 III will be available in Frosted Black and Frosted Purple and will ship with Android 11. Xperia 1 III in Frosted Purple will be available exclusively on electronics.sony.com.
The Xperia 1 III smartphone provides a rich collection of integrated features that connect the Xperia community with some of the most advanced technologies across Sony’s entire suite of consumer electronics products. Whether you are a photographer, audiophile, cinephile, gamer or cinematographer, the next generation of the Xperia 1 flagship series will deliver a user experience that is unlike any other smartphone in market today.
- Attached with a Variable telephoto lens paired with a Dual PD sensor
- Real-time Eye AF, Real-time Tracking and fast, accurate continuous AF across all lenses
- 20fps Burst Mode with low light noise reduction powered by BIONZ X
- Brand new AI (artificial intelligence) super resolution zoom technology
- Updated Photography Pro feature – now equipped with ‘Basic Mode’
- World’s first smartphone with a 4K HDR 120Hz Refresh rate display crafted from Gorilla Glass Victus and an IP65/68 water resistance and protection against dust.
- Evolved Full-stage stereo speakers, 40 percent louder than previous model
- New and improved Game Enhancer features – including a new audio equalizer, an optimised VC microphone and high frame rate recording feature at up to 120fps
- World’s first smartphone to reproduce 360 Reality Audio in the speakers, as the recording artist intended it to be heard
- Addition of brand new 360 Spatial sound – for up-mixing stereo music into an immersive audio experience
- 5G and Wi-Fi connectivity with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform
- Improved battery life (4500mAh) and the ability to charge up to 50% of capacity in 30 minutes with the kitted 30W charger – in addition to a newly extended battery life of up to three years
Co-developed with the engineers behind the Sony Alpha brand cameras that are renowned for their industry-leading autofocus technology. Learn more about additional advanced imaging features in the Xperia 1 III –
- Four focal lengths in photo and video recording – 16mm, 24mm, 70mm and 105mm
- ZEISS T coating contributes to exquisite rendering and contrast by reducing reflections
- A new AI super resolution zoom, ensuring precision is not compromised
- Manual controls over select settings
- Basic Mode’ feature in Photography Pro
- The latest Optical SteadyShot with FlawlessEye
This new flagship model is a true cinephile’s dream. Xperia 1 III features a larger than life 6.5″ 21:9 CinemaWide 4K HDR OLED display with a 120Hz Refresh rate. Whether on the go or in the comfort of home, users are transported into a uniquely immersive viewing experience, allowing them to lose themselves in their favorite movies or TV shows. The viewer’s entertainment experienced is further enhanced by the following features:
- 10-bit equivalent displays (8-bit with 2-bit smoothing)
- More contrast, color and clarity
- BRAVIA HDR remastering technology
- Dolby Atmos sound tuned in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment