MediaTek Inc. introduced MediaTek Sensio, the first 6-in-1 smartphone biosensor module. MediaTek Sensio is a powerful and highly developed health monitoring solution that makes it simple to track heart rate information, blood pressure trends, peripheral oxygen saturation levels and much more.
It is accessible as an embedded module in Smartphone. MediaTek Sensio makes it probable for consumers to swiftly check and monitor their physical wellness on a device they use most and that is their Smartphone.
“Giving people the power to access their health information with a Smartphone is a major step in making the world a healthier place,” said Dr.Yenchi Lee, Sr. Director of Product Marketing for MediaTek’s wireless business. “With our MediaTek Sensio biosensor module and software, developers and device makers have a powerful, embedded health monitoring solution that delivers heart and fitness information in around 60 seconds.”
The MediaTekSensioMT6381 is an all-inclusive software and module solution created particularly to deliver valuable health details and data, comprising of optical, electrical and processing components.
The customizable, compact solution means device manufacturers have the flexibility to insert the MediaTek Sensio module straight into all types of Smartphone, versus using several sensors. With MediaTek Sensio, manufacturers are able to develop proprietary applications or influence third-party applications and developer add-ons.
The module uses light emitting diodes (LEDs) in conjunction with a light-sensitive sensor to measure the absorption of red and infrared light by the user’s fingertips.
By touching a device’s sensors and electrodes with your fingertips, MediaTek Sensio creates a closed loop between your heart and the biosensor to measure ECG and PPG waveforms.
Sensio delivers these six key health data points in about 60 seconds:
- Heart-rate – MediaTek Sensio measures heart beats per minute.
- Heart-Rate Variability – MediaTek Sensio measures variation in the time between heartbeats.
- Blood Pressure Trends– MediaTek Sensio measures blood pressure trends so users can see a range of data over a period of time.
- Peripheral Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) – MediaTekSensio measures the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Electrocardiography (ECG)–MediaTek Sensio measures the electrical activity of the heart over a period of time and displays it in graph form.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) –MediaTek Sensio measures the change in volume of blood.
The first 6-in-1 total hardware and software solution, consisting of optical, electrical and processing components, delivers a package of smart health solutions that will help users to be more informed about their fitness levels.
MediaTek Sensio MT6381 includes:
- Integrated R and IR LEDs for reflective PPG measurement + 1-channel ECG analogue front-end
- Compact 6.8 mm x 4.93 mm x 1.2 mm OLGA 22-pin package
- Total External BOM: 4 caps + 2 electrodes
- I2C /SPI digital interface
MediaTek Sensio will be available from early months of 2018.