Kingston recently announced the launch of its DataTraveler 2000 secure USB in India. It is designed to be secure, with an alphanumeric keypad that locks the drive with a word or number combination, for easy-to-use PIN protection.
The new USB will be available in both, retail and online stores at an MRP of INR 10,000/- for 16GB, INR 14,000/- for 32GB and INR 18,000 for 64GB capacities.
DT2000 features hardware-based, full-disk AES 256-bit data encryption in XTS mode. Encryption is performed on the drive, not on the host computer, and no trace of the PIN is left on the system. Its auto-lock feature is activated when the drive is removed from a device, and it deletes the encryption key after 10 failed intrusion attempts.
This new USB is system independent and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS and Android. It is FIPS 197 certified that meets a frequently requested corporate IT requirement, and its durable design protects the drive from everyday elements such as water and dust.
“Kingston DataTraveler 2000 is great for users on the go and who wants to keep their data secured”, said Vishal Parekh, Marketing Director, Kingston Technology India. “Users no longer have to worry about their data as it uses DataLock® Technology licensed from ClevX, LLC.”
Kingston DataTraveler 2000 USB Specification:
Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)
Capacities : 16GB, 32GB & 64GB
16GB: 120MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
16GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions (drive with sleeve) 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
- Dimensions (drive without sleeve) 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Waterproof/Dustproof certified to IP57 rating
- Compatibility USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Operating temperature 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Minimum System Requirements USB 3.0 compliant and2.0 compatible
- Compatible with Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista® (SP2), Mac® OS X v. 10.9.x+, Linux v. 2.6.x+, Chrome OS™, Android3