Uber has announced the launch of its biggest Greenlight Center in India at Wind Tunnel Road, Bangalore, in the presence of Dr. B. Basavaraju, Principal Secretary of Transport, Government of Karnataka. The 15000 sq.ft. facility is dedicated to driver-partners in Bangalore for best-in-class customer service and support. From new driver sign ups to offering subsidized services for existing driver partners, the center acts as a one-stop solution for all their needs.
Christian Freese, General Manager, Uber, South India said, “We are always working towards improving the experience of driving on Uber. We understand how important it is to have local Uber staff available when driver partners need help. Through the Greenlight Center, we are offering in-person assistance to more than 4,000 driver-partners a week. We’re continuing to invest in our in-person locations and have launched three other facilities at the Devanahalli, Yeshwantpur and HBR. These strategic locations will help driver-partners get the most out of their time on the road — because we know that every moment matters to them.”
The new facility is specially designed to meet the needs of drivers, with features like:
- Space for a team of Uber Experts, who will help new drivers get signed up and address any questions current partners have along the way
- UberBazaar offers driver partners several benefits on new vehicles, vehicle maintenance, health benefits, financial planning and many more services
- Dedicated training areas for driver partners to learn about the app, provide soft skills training to deliver a better ride experience and also highlight the importance of road safety
To make the driver experience easier, hassle free and safer, Uber has introduced several initiatives and partnerships nationally and regionally. Uber recognizes that listening to their driver partners is one the most important methods to constantly enhance the driver experience on the app. The recent initiatives include:
- The country’s first ridesharing insurance program in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance. The policy provides driver-partners with free coverage for accidental death and disablement, hospitalization, and outpatient medical treatment in case of an accident while online on the Uber App.
- “Night Support” for driver partners has now been extended from 12 hours (8 AM – 8 PM) to 18 hours (6 AM – 12 midnight) while continuing to offer emergency assistance from 12 midnight – 6 AM.
- Driver ‘Share Trip’ Feature now allows driver partners to share the trip information with loved ones, without implicating the privacy of the rider or divulging personal information or specific drop off or pick up points. It gives drivers a way to let their friends or family members know, not just their whereabouts, but also when to expect them home. This feature will be rolled out in Bangalore on Sept. 18.
- Collaboration with startups like Pit Stop for subsidized car services, Clinikk for healthcare services, Cover Fox for car insurance, Fixmygadget for mobile phone services and Cab Dost for tax advisory.
- Partnerships with OEMs like Hyundai, TATA, Maruti, Toyota for special discounts on new cars.