HP is a pioneer in setting up retail channel in India with more than 1,000 exclusive and non-exclusive retail stores and has also invested heavily in developing a network of over 5000 channel partners across 200 cities in India. In the wake of recent stir and rising discomfort against predatory pricing by online sites. HP has issued an extensive advisory on taking several measures as outlined below to discourage the predatory discounts that are offered by the online market place sites.
According to HP India, “All our demand generation activities have consistently helped drive business for our channel partners. HP has also made investment in IT hub activations, ATL/BTL activities with the sole purpose of driving sales growth for our traditional channel partners. HP has always followed transparent rules of engagement and clear governance processes which have helped us to overcome business challenges over the last 25 years.”
HP has issued an extensive advisory on taking several measures as outlined below to discourage the predatory discounts that are offered by the online market place sites:
As mentioned, we share the concerns of the channel partners and have taken several measures as outlined below to discourage the predatory discounts that are offered by the online market place sites.
- HP has already issued a strong public advisory warning the customers of the risks of procuring from unauthorized online market place sites. As part of these ongoing efforts, we have already placed customer advisory on our official website hpshopping.in to create larger customer awareness of likely risks of purchasing from unauthorized online market place sites.
- HP has already announced that special end customer promotion offers are not valid for customer purchases from unauthorized on-line market place sites.
- HP is also closely following the practices of the online sites to see if any of their actions infringe upon the Intellectual Property rights of HP.
- HP is also making attempts to engage online market place sites to impress upon them the advantages of working with HP authorized channel partners and being able to deliver superior customer experience while acting within the fold of HP recognized business model.
- HP is already considering a differentiated product strategy through on-line sites to reduce channel conflict with traditional offline channel.
- HP is also in the process of putting in place a channel consequence management framework to discourage and deal with disruptive behavior of unauthorized channel partners who sell through online market place sites.