HP has announced the new HP PageWide Advantage 2200 series web press platform. Designed to meet the needs of print service providers of all sizes, this web press offers industry-leading productivity with quality and media versatility for those in publishing, direct mail, and commercial print, to help grow their business.
“This new PageWide Advantage web press platform is a game changer for the commercial print industry,” said Annette Friskopp, Global Head and General Manager at HP PageWide. “HP has listened to our customers, and we realize ease of use and up-time are critical success factors. This new press offers configurations to enable customers to optimise the press for their quality, productivity, versatility, and economics to grow their digital production businesses.”
The HP PageWide Advantage 2200 offers –
- Heightened Productivity and Capacity: The HP PageWide Advantage 2200 is capable of speeds up to 500 ft/min color and 800 ft/min mono and printing high coverage jobs at up to 90 million US letter sized mono images per month or 214,000 personalized A3 colour duplex sheets per shift. Recognizing the growing need to print postcards and other applications with thicker stock, this new press delivers game changing productivity for high impact, full coverage jobs.
- Printing capacity per printhead: With the ability to print using HP Brilliant Ink and 2400 native nozzle per inch printheads, this press offers top notch quality to address a wide range of higher value applications, from more colorful trade and educational books to high-coverage, impactful direct mail pieces that differentiate clients in the market.
- Versatility: The HP PageWide Advantage 2200 handles a wide range of media weights from 40 gsm (27 pound) up to 300gsm/14-point stocks, giving printers the versatility they need.
- Reliability & Ease of Use: The HP PageWide Advantage 2200 includes a revolutionary single print arch design with an innovative, robust paper path with fewer components, reducing the number of parts to manage and therefore overall maintenance and servicing time, increasing reliability and maximizing uptime.
- Flexibility: Designed to offer configuration flexibility, this press features a modular design for customers to start with a lower capacity machine and enhance the machine as their business grows or their application mix shifts. Customers can select 1, 2, or 3 dryer modules along with passive or active web cooling modules to fit their needs. In addition, the HP PageWide Advantage 2200 features a compact single engine duplex design, providing high quality and productivity while saving floor space for customers.