Fourth R on an expansion spree

Fourth R, which is into Computer Education for Children between 3-17 years, plans to put up 100 more learning centers across the country by the year-end. Headquartered in Chennai, it already has 55 centers spread in the southern and Delhi region. Except in the metros, where they have their own model centers, Fourth R is on the lookout for franchisees.

According to the arrangement, franchisees would get to keep 85 percent of the revenue while the company gets the remaining 15 percent. A learning center is expected to cost around 7-11 lakh. 

“Our focus then would be to proliferate into the schools surrounding our learning centers and introduce our curriculum there. We have applied to the Government of Karnataka, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh to introduce our curriculum in their schools,” said Krishna Sai, the Managing Director, Fourth R. Fourth R has zeroed in on net travelers for the curriculum this year which gets updated annually. 

It generated a turnover of about 2.8 crore in the last fiscal year, and is looking in the whereabouts of 5 crore in the current fiscal.

Fourth R recently became the first authorized testing center for Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Program in South. It uses the Microsoft approved courseware and employs Microsoft certified instructors. “Though this wouldn’t have significant financial impact, it would certainly enhance the brand image,” said Sai.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *