FarEye, a digital logistics platform, today launched its Supply Chain Visibility suite - ORBIT, which allows enterprises to have complete visibility of goods while in transit from the plant right through to the final destination.
The suite which is a “platform for predictability” for freight movement, includes capability to design organization’s custom logistics process, integrates with TMS and WMS systems, allows data-driven transporter allocation, digital proof of delivery and provides live ETA during the entire journey.
FarEye is a leader in B2C logistics technology and is widely used by global giants like Walmart, Dominos, DHL, Noon and Amway. It has been helping organizations reduce cost and deliver on-time parcels in retail and ecommerce industry.
The B2B world today lacks data-driven optimization and predictability of freight across the supply chain. ORBIT is built to ensure that supply chains are reliable and optimized. It addresses one of the fundamental issues facing the industry today – greater visibility and helps businesses in making time-sensitive data-backed decisions.
Supply chain providers across the globe are aiming to achieve complete visibility and seamless collaboration amongst all the stakeholders.
Business Challenges that led to development of ORBIT
· Limited visibility of live freight location
· Delayed delivery confirmation due to manual processes
· Inefficiencies due to high un-loading/wait time
· High costs due to wastage of goods during transportation
The suite, which also works for reverse logistics, integrates with 3PL (third-party logistics) systems as well as warehouse management systems to provide full visibility at every step. The FarEye suite also integrates with GPS devices and temperature sensors to alert companies to any potential or actual problems with the goods while in transit, and features item level tracking and event-specific alerts.
FarEye’s Delivery Happiness Dashboards make it possible to track KPIs like vendor performance, bottlenecks in transit etc., which can be used to take data-backed decisions. The suite also offers automation of logistics processes with mobile application like digital proof of delivery and feedback.
Available immediately, ORBIT is built on top of a Business Process Management (BPM) framework to design multiple logistic workflows across regions. It can be quickly and easily integrated into logistics firms’ existing TMS and WMS systems, thereby minimising disruption and infrastructure costs.
Features of the solution
· Live ETA status update of freight
· Mobile workflow for status update
· Integration with TMS/ Logistics ERP systems
· Customer specific logistics workflow with freight movement SLA's
· Intelligent allocation of freight to 3PL partners
· Mobile application for drivers to update delivery status and ePOD
· Analytics dashboard for KPI & vendor performance measurement and bottlenecks in movement
In addition ORBIT delivers:
- On-time delivery with live notification & alerts
- Consolidated Dashboard, Reports & Records with ETA of shipment along with SMS updates.
- Improved efficiencies and reduced cost with digitalized processes
- Reduced inventory with reliable supply chain
- Data driven transportation performance management
- Proof of Attempt and deliveries with digital signatures & feedback rating
- Easy amendments of 3PL contracts, shipment routes and other for improved future deliveries.
As companies expand globally and rely more on geographically dispersed partners, vendors and customers, ORBIT enables supply chain professionals to make their processes interconnected, improve efficiency, optimize cost/resources along with an added layer of real-time visibility, predictability and accountability.